Most people who become infected by Covid-19 have mild symptoms and make a full recovery. However, a small number continue to experience problems for many weeks and months after the initial infection. The symptoms range from debilitating fatigue and ‘brain fog’ to issues with the lungs or the heart. If you have ongoing symptoms, you have somewhere you can turn to.
The Chiltern Hills Heart Clinic, in partnership with BMI The Chiltern Hospital, has created a dedicated Post-Covid Clinic, where you will benefit from a personalised, comprehensive service with access to the very latest diagnostics, and the best minds in Cardiology, Respiratory, and Physiotherapy, advising on your diagnosis and recommended care.
How has COVID affected you? - Breathlessness - Dry cough - Lung ‘burn’ - Chest tightness - Palpitations - Dizziness - Brain fog - Low grade fevers - Ongoing loss of smell or taste - Symptoms worsen after exertion - Poor sleep - Muscle and joint pains.
No one has a greater interest in your health than you. We will empower you to take charge of your health. The aim is to enable you to reclaim back your life, with confidence.
Post-Covid Clinic: What to expect?
1. You will meet a Lead Clinician for a thorough assessment of your symptoms, assimilating any investigations you may have already had elsewhere (e.g. through the NHS).
2. You can be referred to a Physiotherapist to assess your breathing, physical strengths and weaknesses.
3. The Lead Clinician could suggest you meet with other Specialists such as a Pulmonologist or Cardiologist, for advice and specialist investigations.
4. Through this journey you may need additional investigations such as:
- Lung function tests (Spirometry, X-rays and CT scans),
- Cardiac tests (ECG, Ambulatory ECG, Echocardiogram (ECHO), Exercise stress tests).
5. A follow-up appointment with your Lead Clinician who bring together results from your investigations, combined with advice from your Specialists, and put together a bespoke package of advice and rehabilitation for you.
To ensure an integrated approach to health management, sign-up to HeartHealth https://www.hearthealth.org.uk, your digital companion for recovery.
Why use the HeartHealth? - Track your symptoms - Manage your medical records - Communicate with your Lead Clinician - Record the progress you make
Initial Consultations will be in the range of £150-£250.
Follow-up consultations from £90-£150.
Physiotherapy Assessment costs in the range of £40-£80.
Any additional investigations and tests, will be priced separately.
For Booking or Queries:
Call: 01494 424317 or Email: email@example.com
Location: BMI The Chiltern Hospital, London Road, Great Missenden HP16 0EN.
Introducing a Post-Covid Clinic with the best minds in Cardiology, Respiratory, and Physiotherapy, advising those who continue to have symptoms many weeks or months after the initial infection. The symptoms range from debilitating fatigue and ‘brain fog’ to issues with the lungs or the heart. If you have ongoing symptoms, you now have somewhere you can turn…
Published Date: 16/06/21
HearthealthNews.info - 16 June 2021